Call for Proposals on Collaborative Research and Capacity Building Initiative in HIV and Schistosomiasis
In line with the strategic objectives of Philippine National Health Research System (PNHRS) to strengthen the capacity of the network to support health research, its Technical Working Committee on Capacity Building developed the "Collaborative Research and Capacity Building Initiative" to integrate the capacity building efforts of the PNHRS implementing agencies, the Regional Health Research and Development Consortia (RHRDCs) and its member institutions.
To harmonize the efforts in research capacity that will contribute to the development of evidence-based health decisions, programs, and policies, the "Collaborative Research and Capacity Building Initiative" has the following objectives:
- Promote partnership and collaboration among researchers/research and development institutions in health research capacity building;
- Harmonize R&D capacity building efforts through inter-regional and interdisciplinary collaborative research;
- Optimize resources for health R&D capacity building programs for researchers and research and development institutions; and
- Develop more relevant and quality health researches aligned with National Unified Health Research Agenda (NUHRA) and Regional Unified Health Research Agenda (RUHRA).
Focusing on the prevention and control of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Schistosomiasis, PNHRS CBC will accept proposals with at least 2-3 of the following research project components: (1) clinical/epidemiology/diagnostics, (2) use of ICT, (3) health social science, and (4) health policy and systems research. Moreover, proposals must:
- Involve the Research and Development Institution’s (RDI) or Higher Education Institutions’ (HEIs) faculty/researcher and early career scientists;
- Include a mechanism for sharing of resources (expertise, data/information, facilities) for research;
- Promote collaboration between regions and disciplines (through letters of support or willingness to collaborate involving 2-3 RDIs/HEIs)
- Must include plans for research dissemination, utilization, and translation;
- Have a duration of 1-2 years (PNHRS implementing agencies and counterpart implementing RDIs/non-RDIs shall provide funding for approved proposals for 1-2 years, subject to monitoring and evaluation and annual review).
The principal investigator must be a Filipino with at least a Master’s Degree (relevant to the field of study) and is currently employed in an HEI or RDI (hospitals and other health related research agencies) member institution of the BARMM Health Research and Development Consortium (BHRDC). Also, the proponent must be willing to participate in a write-shop to develop the full proposal.
Interested proponents must submit their cover letter, capsule proposal (download here) and updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) not later than 30 April 2020 to:
ENGR. AIDA M. SILONGAN
Chair, BARMM Health Research and Development Consortium and
Minister, Ministry of Science and Technology-BARMM
BARMM Complex, Cotabato City